11.09.2014

Whole 30 (but not really) - days 7, 8 and 9

Well, it's gone fairly well!

I haven't noticed anything super dramatic as far as mood or energy.  I have a little bit more energy, but nothing out of this world amazing.  The most surprising thing so far is that I actually do like the food.  We definitely do not feel like we are on a "diet," and this is absolutely a lifestyle that we can adopt.  So that's good, I guess.

I do with that I had gotten my blood work done to start with so that I could see whether there were any dramatic changes in that area.

Here's our food for the last few days:

Day 7 (Friday)

Breakfast
Sausage, eggs, bell pepper

Lunch
Tuna (bell peppers, salt, avocado, olive, dill pickles), over Romaine lettuce, some olives on the side

Dinner
Crockpot chicken, roasted veggies

Day 8 (Saturday)

Breakfast
Sweet potatoes, over medium eggs, sausage (so so so yummy!!)

Lunch
Crockpot chicken, left over mashed sweet potatoes

Dinner
Sausage and roasted butternut squash, avocado (not the best dinner, wasn't even that filling or yummy)

Day 9 (Sunday)

Breakfast
Over medium eggs, sausage

Lunch
Tuna (bell peppers, salt, avocado, olive, dill pickles), over lettuce, some olives on the side

Dinner
Home made carnitas, bell pepper strips, left over mashed sweet potatoes, a little guacamole

Tomorrow, I go back to work (more on that in a separate post).  I've already made my lunch and will have to work very hard to resist temptations.  At least while I'm home, I can avoid putting myself in tempting positions.  That and I can snap at someone (like my sister) if they offer me something I'm not wanting to eat because of the plan we're on (like delicious snack sized Kit Kats).  At work, I have to stay nice and polite and civil AND refuse the yummy snack.  Might be difficult.

But I have to remember that Friday is just around the corner, and we'll be in Disneyland, and I'll be testing my willpower in not-so-strict circumstances.  :)

TTFN,
Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you! Share your thoughts or ask any questions here...