11.06.2014

Whole 30 (not really) - Days 4, 5 & 6

Day 4 wasn't bad, Day 5 wasn't terrible either.  I still haven't had any unbearable cravings.  But I also know that this is only for 2 weeks, so maybe that's why?

In the It Starts With Food book, they talk about some foods that are technically allowed during the Whole30, but that they suggest avoiding because the foods trigger emotionally unhealthy responses.  Well, I found some of those foods for myself.

As we were walking through Costco, I came across their dried fruit aisle.  My downfall.  I checked the labels and only bought the fruits that didn't have added sugar.  We bought some dried granny smith apples (yum, seriously) and some dried mango (OMG yum).  While our daughter loves these snack and they are healthy alternatives (compared to what she might otherwise eat), these are not good Whole30 snacks for our house.  Specifically, they are not good Whole30 snacks for the mom in our house because I cannot control myself and eat way too much of it.  So, note to self that I will not be purchasing these in the future OR if I do purchase them, I will remind myself they are not approved for my Whole30.

Now for the foods:

Day 4

Breakfast

Sausage, eggs, bell peppers, avocado

Lunch

Tuna (tuna, avocado, olives, onions, pickles, bell pepper) on lettuce

Dinner

Tacos!  (without the best parts: no tortillas, no cheese, no sour cream) Ground beef, seasoning, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, bell peppers

Snack

Mangoes, dried apples


Day 5

Breakfast

Sausage, eggs, bell peppers, avocado

Lunch

Left over tacos: ground beef, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, bell peppers

Dinner

Turkey meatballs (homemade) and oven roasted veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes; Patrick had some broccoli)

Snack

Mangoes, dried apples

Day 6

Breakfast

Sausage, eggs, bell peppers, avocado

Lunch

Left over turkey meatballs, guacamole, veggies

Dinner

Baked chicken (olive oil, salt, seasoning, lime); mashed sweet potatoes (ghee and salt)

Snack

Mangoes, dried apples  (MUST STOP!!)

So tomorrow is Day 7.  I feel really proud of ourselves for getting as far as we have without any slips or cheating.  Yay, us!  (But I would really like a mud pie, some creme brulee and perhaps a mojito-- or two.)

TTFN,
Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you! Share your thoughts or ask any questions here...