11.02.2014

Whole30 (but not really) - Day 2

Today wasn't much more difficult than yesterday, but I did think a lot more about the foods that I wish I could be eating (youu whooo, Halloween candy!).  I'd like to eat some Oreos or a Snickers, but I am not going to cheat.  I'm only doing the 14 days, like I've said multiple times, so I have to be able to do it.

As I write this, I do have a bit of a headache, which may be from the lack of sugar, but I can't say for sure.

I've nearly finished It All Starts with Food.  I like it.  It's helpful and does explain the reasoning behind the rules for the Whole30.

Here was today's menu:

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with Aidells sausage (chicken apple), orange bell pepper (hey... if it ain't broke...)

Lunch

Leftovers from last night's dinner (chicken) with cut up raw orange bell pepper

Snack

Now, I'm not supposed to be snacking, but I am feeling a little hungry between meals.  Hopefully it goes away.  The book says that means I need to add a little bit more fat to the meals.  I'll try that tomorrow.  At any rate, my snacks: handful almonds, few black olives, 1/4 apple with some almond butter.

Dinner

Leftover chicken from last night, roasted veggies (sweet potato and brussels sprouts)


I feel pretty good.  Some of that is probably from eating well and some of it is from being proud that I've been able to stick to this.  I know it's only 2 days so far, but I'll take any little victory I can get!

TTFN,
Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you! Share your thoughts or ask any questions here...